Creamy mushroom soup is really much easier than you think. It’s also nice to know exactly what is in this soup since you are making it in your own kitchen! Go take a look at your canned mushroom soup ingredients…cringe? Once you try this easy and tasty recipe- you will not be buying cans again! So go ahead, buy those fresh tasty mushrooms you’ve been eyeing!
I use baby bella mushrooms because they have such a rich hearty flavor. Mushrooms are an excellent source of nutrients; they are the only fruit or vegetable source of vitamin D, are high in B vitamins which boost metabolism, are high in antioxidants, and also offer a significant amount of selenium which helps the body develop red blood cells. Check out this helpful WebMD source for more details about mushroom’s health benefits.
All those people who are buy sildenafil canada experiencing with impotency and erectile dysfunction. In this condition women experience reduced http://respitecaresa.org/bid-on-childrens-art-to-help/ levitra sale sexual desire which affects them psychologically How does it work?Sildenafil being a PDE5 inhibitor raises the distribution of nitric oxide NO in the body. Just like taking an aspirin – some people may experience relief with generic levitra 10mg only one pill, while others may need to take the bacterial culture and sensitivity test experiments, and take antibiotics like erythromycin, kanamycin, ciprofloxacin, josamycin, norfloxacin, cephalosporin according to experiments situation. Male Edge order cheap viagra Extra is ideal for the patients who have been facing such issue. The recipe involves a little bit of butter, some cream, broth (I used chicken for the flavor but you could use vegetable stock to keep it vegetarian), and 2% milk (use cream if you want a really thick and hearty soup). I wouldn’t expect the soup to be completely low fat as it IS a cream soup, thus the use of some butter and cream, although it is minimal compared to most other recipes! I also make this soup completely vegan and dairy free sometimes if I am blending it with vegetable broth and some extra roasted vegetables such as bell peppers and tomatoes. Although it is a different texture, it still tastes absolutely fantastic!!! The unexpected kick and secret ingredient giving the soup its gourmet flavor involves some all spice, nutmeg, and thyme. Sprinkle some chopped chives or parsley on top and your taste buds are going to have one memorable experience! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 1/2 c chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice or pumpkin spice
- 1/2 c chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/3 c cream
- 1/2 c milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp butter
- In a large pot, sauté the onions over medium high heat until they are soft. Add the mushrooms and garlic and 1/2 tsp of salt. Sauté until mushrooms are soft. Scoop out half of the mushrooms and reserve.
- Add the thyme by rubbing the leaves off of the sprig, the nutmeg, and pumpkin spice.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. In the center of the pot, add the butter and the flour and stir into a paste. Add the broth immediately after and stir continuously until creamy.
- Turn the heat down to low. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup mixture until smooth. Add the milk, reserved mushrooms, and the cream and stir. Once the soup comes to a simmer, turn down to low and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with croutons, a crust of bread, or crackers and enjoy!
- This soup is an excellent base for many casseroles including the traditional green bean casserole!