This dish is SO delicious. Roasted chickens are hands down one of my favorite comfort foods. I love the flavor of the roasted skin ( I know VERY unhealthy!) And whatever vegetables or stuffing you put with that chicken in the oven is destined to deliciousness. The chicken oozes all its wonderful juices as it cooks and imparts its flavor to whatever you put in with the chicken. One of my favorite things to do is to fill the chicken’s cavity with rice and golden raisins. The outer rice that spills out is so savory and crispy and the inside will be the juiciest tastiest rice you have ever had! I guess thats another recipe though!
For this zesty chicken I utilize the cavity as a flavor infuser and stuff it with half a lemon, left over lemon rinds from the juiced lemons, and garlic cloves. Your chicken will be flavored inside and out! The potatoes that cook around the chicken are also infused with this delcious lemon garlic flavor!
- 1 whole chicken, giblets removed
- 2 lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 cloves of garlic whole
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- 6-8 medium golden potatoes, chopped into quarters
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 6 tbsps salted butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/4 c water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash the chicken thoroughly, scrubbing it with coarse salt and vinegar ( a trick my mother in law taught me). I like to think this step not only cleanses the chicken, but freshens it from any stink, and also lends some brining properties to flavor it.
- Place the whole chicken in a large roasting pan. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper. Rub it generously with the butter and place pieces underneath the skin as well as over it. Arrange the chopped potatoes around the chicken in the pan.
- In a small bowl, juice 1 and 1/2 lemons. Add the olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper and mix well. Pour the mix over the whole chicken and the potatoes. Pour the water over the potatoes, around the perimeter of the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken with the other half of the lemon, remaining rinds of the squeezed lemons, and the remaining cloves of garlic.
- Cover with foil and place in oven for 1.5- 2 hours. For the last 20 minutes, remove the foil so that the chicken can get golden.
- When the chicken is done, pour the excess broth into a pyrex storage dish and reserve for use in later cooking. Its perfect for my chicken pot pie recipe which you can make with left over meat the next day, or you can just store it in the freezer for future use. To serve, cut the chicken up into quarters (2 breasts and 2 leg/thigh portions) along with the wings on the side. The wings will be super juicy! Scoop up some crunchy lemony garlic potatoes on the side and enjoy!
Steroids will manage to boost your Testosterone levels excellently but it all comes up with a lot of stuff from advertisements of medications to supplements with a levitra without prescription promise that they would be able to get and maintain an erection even after being sexually aroused. Because US won’t allow generic versions of these Drugs – There are a few generic versions of these drugs per pill are; purchase viagra uk– $16.20 per pill while levitra- $16.67 per pill. uniqkey%-prices.jpg as published by the uniqkey%-has-doubled-since-its-launch/ Those ads which set one-dollar-per-pill-price marketed as buy cheap levitra or generic sildenafil citrate has brought a significant treatment approach to overcome erectile dysfunction. How Impotence Is Cured? sale generic tadalafil ED is essentially cured by treating the root cause of the problem. Semi-rigid rods are rods best buy for viagra that are implanted into the penis with a saline reservoir and pump either in the abdomen or scrotum.
You can tie the chicken legs together so it looks prettier, but the baby was crying and I didn’t have time!