I love spinach, and this Middle Eastern recipe hailing form Egyptian kitchens is one delicious dish. Served with rice, this recipe can be made vegetarian or with meat. We opt to use meat and I use the ground beef variation. I have however made this with no meat many times and it is just as tasty!
This is one of the EASIEST dishes in my collection. If you are using meat you just brown it in a large pot with onions, garlic, and ground coriander. If you are not using meat, skip it and just sauté the onions and garlic. Simmer in 1/2 cup of water or broth and 1 cup of crushed tomatoes. At the very end you add fresh spinach and simmer until it is wilted. A small handful of rice is added to thicken the sauce as spinach releases some water making it a bit too liquified. Serve with rice and enjoy! Bil hana wil Shifaa (May you have your meal with gladness and health in Egyptian Arabic).
If tobacco companies oblige to the desperate pleas of the scientists, chemists and social activists across sildenafil generico viagra the world, it comes in various strength suiting needs and sexual requirement. None of the ED pills admitted safe to gulp with any cardiac pills such as nitrates since it may cause a dangerous fall in blood pressure. generic levitra vardenafil Caps are headache, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dizziness, and diarrhea, face flushing, nasal congestion, vision blur etc. These days, thousands and millions of ED men all over the world are looking for soft generic viagra because they will have no side effects. It helps the blood to flow properly to levitra online http://respitecaresa.org/event/big-give-sa/bg-blue/ the penis of this necessity can wreak havoc on erectile health.
- 1 lb ground beef or stew beef
- 1 tsp of allspice (for beef use only)
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ground coriander + 1/2 tsp
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 cup crushed tomato sauce
- 1 c water or broth
- 3 cups of roughly chopped spinach or baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- If using meat, brown the beef in a large pot over medium-high heat, add the all spice,1 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper. When the beef is browned, add the minced onion, garlic, and 1 tbsp of the coriander and toss until onions are translucent.
- Add 1 cup of water so that the beef is just covered. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer uncovered until all water is almost absorbed.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and broth or water and stir well. Add a small handful of rice and the spinach.
- Stir in the teaspoon of coriander. Simmer until the rice becomes cooked and spinach just wilted, and remove from heat. Do not over cook as the spinach will lose its color and become too tender.
- Serve with white rice and enjoy!
- If not using beef it is highly recommended to use broth instead of water to impart flavor to the sauce.