These muffins are perfection when it comes to banana bread! Wonderfully moist and delicious, with ooey-gooey chocolate and dates throughout, this is a most delicious comfort treat for the cold season! The cinnamon and spice paired with the sweetness of dates and bananas is a […]
If you have been following along, I have been preparing, eating, and posting a lot of salads lately. I am loving our shift to a more plant based diet, but I just cannot do leafy salads everyday! I need salads with texture, crunch, flavors, protein, […]
Who doesn’t love apple pie?!
The autumn and winter holiday seasons beckon you to its scent, to bite into a warm, crusty, juicy slice with a scoop of ice cream, and to the gorgeous visions of pies to your heart’s content. Add some juicy red cranberries and crunchy pecans to the sweet caramel and flaky warm crust and you are simply… biting. into. heaven!
Best of all this pie is SO darn easy and fast to make yet everyone will think you slaved over it all day!
Especially if you get your hands on these adorable pie crust cutters from Crate and Barrel and decorate it like a pro! But seriously, my 4 year old helped me cut out these leaves and laid them on with me. It’s that easy! Not mention how fun it is to include your children in this sensory activity!
Simply get your favorite ready made double pie crust ( I get mine from Trader Joes because it is delicious and has no lard). Lay one pie crust in your pan, throw in all your sliced apples, a handful of cranberries, and a handful of pecans and you are basically done!
The top crust could be made with a lattice work of strips, a pattern of leaves cut from the crust, or simply laying the second crust over the apples, with some ovals cut out. Be sure to crimp the edges of your pie to prevent overspills of the liquid gold you will soon add!
If you’ve ever looked at some of these Canadian drug websites, you may have noticed that many of the drugs intercepted at this location include Tadalafil, Filagra, Xanax, cialis tadalafil online , Sildenafil and many more. TribulisTerrestris Used in ancient Ayurvedic Indian medicine practices and Traditional Chinese Medicine, tribulis enhances libido and improves india generic viagra sexual performance. Patient of heart diseases and HIV can not take levitra generika this drug as the ingredients may harm the unborn child. So get your tire pressure checked regularly. ) Fine tune your engine and use the best quality service and value of http://frankkrauseautomotive.com/cars-for-sale/2007-honda-crv-lx-2/ get viagra from india.
It’s this ooey, gooey, caramel sauce that does all the work that makes you look like a culinary genius! 4 simple ingredients in the pot come together for this perfection. I am telling you- this is good stuff and you will not believe how easy it is to make!
After you lay your second crust over the apples and cranberries, just pour the sauce all over and bake! Yum. Yum.
Easy as pie.
- 1 double pie crust
- 7-8 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/16th slices
- 1/4 c fresh cranberries, washed
- 1/4 c pecans
- 1/4 c flour
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- butte pecan or vanilla ice cream to serve (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay one pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan and allow the excess dough to overhang the sides and then press up the excess to form a "wall" so that you can crimp it later.
- Lay the apple slices, cranberries, and pecans inside the bottom pie crust, so that it is slightly mounding.
- Take the second pie crust, lay it onto a floured surface, and slice into long strips. Lay the strips inter-changeably to create a lattice work of pie strips.
- Crimp the sides of the pie crust by taking the overhang and pressing it upward into a wall. Then, use your index finger and thumb to shape it into crimps by "pinching" the dough. See the referenced YouYube video to see how to do this. Crimping the pie is necessary in this recipe as the sauce will spill overboard if you do not.
- If you have the pie crust leaf cutters, cut some shapes out and either lay them around the perimeter, sporadically over the pie top, or create a repetitive pattern with the leaves instead of a lattice!
- Make the sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir well to create a golden paste. Gradually add the sugar, water, and cinnamon. Boil on medium for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce all over the top of the pie, being careful not to let it flow over the sides. Try to pour the sauce so that it filters down into the apples, and not only on top of the pie crust.
- Lay the pie pan over a larger pan to catch any drippings as this bakes (to avoid burning sugar in your oven!).
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce to 350 and bake for 25-30 more minutes.
- Serve with butter pecan or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
These pumpkin spice biscotti are the perfect treat for these dreary cold autumn days. Made with fresh sugar pumpkins and the perfect blend of fragrant spices, these little cookies will make the perfect dunkers for your coffee or tea. The best part of all: […]